Primary history & geography network meeting
This network, part of the Primary school improvement programme, intends to provide primary teachers with an opportunity to share and discuss best practice in the humanities subjects of history and geography. It is aimed at history and geography coordinators and any teachers who are passionate about securing excellent learning outcomes for pupils in these two subjects. The meeting will address many different aspects of good practice including pedagogy, assessment and curriculum design as well as highlighting valuable resources, links and sources of support.
• hear about and reflect upon good practice at KS1 and KS2 in KTSA schools
• discuss and debate the opportunities and challenges of teaching particular history and geography topics and review some approaches that different schools are taking
• consider how we know children are progressing in terms of their knowledge and skills in these subjects and what we understand by age-related expectations.
• learn where to access valuable resources, links and opportunities for making these subject come alive in the classroom
• share ideas and thinking about ways in which these subjects can contribute to important whole school priorities such as stretching and challenging more-able pupils and improving attainment in writing and maths.
We look forward to welcoming attendees to this network meeting at The Atlantic Centre on the 28th September and hope that each person will bring along a resource, link or piece of work which they are happy to share with others. To reserve your place at this event please complete booking form
Date: Thursday 28th September 2017
Venue: Atlantic Centre, Trenance Leisure Park, Newquay. TR7 2LZ
Time: 4.00 - 6.00 p.m.
Organiser: Andy Brumby
FREE to all KTSA teachers and trainees
Atlantic Centre Directions - Don't use Sat Nav!