The KTSA is registered and approved to act as an Appropriate Body and we currently offer two options for schools:
The KTSA acts as the registered Appropriate Body. NQTs are registered with us and we are responsible for reporting the NQTs progress to NCTL, confirming the successful completion of the NQT period. In this model NQTs and their School Leads do not benefit from the KTSA support package or participate in our training & development programme.
The KTSA acts as the Appropriate Body as described in Option 1 but the NQT and their School Leads benefit from our support services and training programme.
Our programme offers NQTs:
- *training & support from experienced leaders and classroom practitioners
- *professional discussion and personalised action plans
- *monitoring visits with paired observations & feedback
- *access to wider KTSA training & monthly Teach Meets
- *access to email and telephone advice
Our programme offers School Leads:
- *access to email and telephone advice for School Leaders & NQT tutors
- *support with the completion of the required documentation
We believe that friendships formed in the NQT period often prove to be a valuable support as teachers progress throughout their careers. It is important to get that work life balance right early on, so our programme reflects this with an active programme of social events.
To register your NQT with our programme or to find out more click here