Raising Achievement Network Meetings
These network meetings are for senior leaders who are determined to raise the achievement of disadvantaged pupils.
"Learning from other schools about the approaches they are using to raise achievement is one of the most valuable things that senior leaders can do. To quote Dylan Wiliam: Everything works somewhere, nothing works everywhere. The key question that will underpin our discussions within this forum is: Under what conditions has this worked and why?"
Andy Brumby (Director of Achievement - TLAT)
The KTSA is firmly committed to raising the achievement of all children within its schools, including those that attract pupil premium funding. The purpose of these network meetings is to provide senior leaders with opportunities to share approaches and discuss what has worked in different settings and why. There will be opportunities to learn about the latest research findings from the likes of the Education Endowment Foundation and to explore the implications for our respective schools. Held at a different KTSA school each term, these meetings will enable senior leaders to reflect on the effectiveness of their current provision and think how it might be adapted in order to maximise achievement.
A Raising Achievement Meeting is organised each term with the intention of:
• identifying underachievement and effectively addressing its different causes
• developing evidence-based approaches and action research
• developing good practice in effective provision-mapping
• securing higher levels of parental engagement
• raising our expectations and pupils’ aspirations
• holding ourselves to account, meeting statutory requirements and governance
The next network meeting is due to take place in the Summer Term:
Date: Wednesday 12th June 2019
Venue: The Atlantic Centre, Newquay. (Directions can be found below).
Cost: Free to all KTSA schools as part of the School Improvement Package.
Please complete the booking form below to register your place.
* Please note we have had some issues with the link to the booking form if you experience any difficulties please email email@example.com to let us know that you wish to attend