Raising Achievement Leads Network
Senior leader strategic discussion forum focussed on raising achievement
This network, part of the KTSA primary school improvement offer, will meet once per term during academic year 2018-19.
Meetings are at 4.30 and finish at 6.00 pm.
Dates and venues are set out below:
Autumn term 2018: Thursday 20th September - Atlantic Centre, Newquay
Spring term 2019: Wednesday 23rd January – Mor Workspace, Newquay
Summer term 2019: Wednesday 12th June - The Atlantic Centre, Newquay
The KTSA is firmly committed to raising the achievement of all children within its schools, including those that attract pupil premium funding. The purpose of these network meetings is to provide senior leaders with opportunities to share approaches and discuss what has worked in different settings and why. There will be opportunities to learn about the latest research findings from the likes of the Education Endowment Foundation and to explore the implications for our respective schools. Held at a different KTSA school each term, these meetings will enable senior leaders to reflect on the effectiveness of their current provision and think how it might be adapted in order to maximise achievement.
The meeting aims to provide a forum for high quality discussion and debate focussed on:
• -identifying underachievement and effectively addressing its different causes
• -developing evidence-based approaches and action research
• -developing good practice in effective provision-mapping
• -securing higher levels of parental engagement
• -raising our expectations and pupils’ aspirations
• -holding ourselves to account, meeting statutory requirements and governance
‘Learning from other schools about the approaches they are using to raise achievement is one of the most valuable things that senior leaders can do. To quote Dylan Wiliam: Everything works somewhere, nothing works everywhere. The key question that will underpin our discussions within this forum is: Under what conditions has this worked and why?
Cost: Free to all KTSA schools as part of the School Improvement package
Please complete the booking form below to register your place.
* Please note we have had some issues with the link to the booking form if you experience any difficulties please email email@example.com to let us know that you wish to attend.