ITT Programme for 2021-2022
If you are a graduate who would like to live and train in the beautiful county of Cornwall then we would like to hear from you!
The Kernow Teaching School Alliance (KTSA) is a dynamic partnership of 32 primary schools and WAVE Academies who, along with our partners the University of Exeter and the University of St Mark and St John (Plymouth), are offering graduates a one year Initial Teacher Training (ITT) School Direct PGCE programme (non-salaried) in the Primary phases.
We have programmes for Primary (3 -7 years - The University of Exeter only) and General Primary trainees (Exeter and Plymouth).
So why pick us?
1. We want every trainee teacher to be the best that they can be!
2. From application, through to graduation, we ensure that trainees are supported every step of the way, both on a professional and pastoral level.
3. We recognise that every trainee and their personal situation and needs are unique and therefore the level of professional and pastoral support may vary.
4. All training is provided by current, outstanding practitioners or other professionals who are experts in their field.
5. We offer trainees two placements (main placement in Autumn and Summer and the second placement in Spring) in contrasting schools and trainees also have the chance to experience training in two key stages.
6. All trainees are placed with outstanding practitioners who are committed to supporting and developing individuals.
7. All trainees are allocated a school based mentor, all of which are trained to a high standard.
8. Trainees will be visited by KTSA based staff to provide professional and pastoral support.
9. Trainees are well prepared when applying for jobs and attending interviews.
10. When organising placements we try our to take into consideration family commitments and other circumstances.
We are proud to announce that all trainees who have wanted a job at the end of their training have been successful!
All our programmes are eligible for student loans and some trainees may also be eligible for a bursary or scholarship.
During the final term of your training, there is an opportunity for trainees to gain some additional school experience in a special school or alternative provision.
*If you are interested, but not sure if teaching is for you, then get in touch as we can arrange for you to spend some time in one of our partnership schools. You will have the opportunity to experience the day-to-day life of a school and find out first hand what it is like to be a teacher. During this time we can spend time with you and explain how the training programme works. *Please note that there may be restrictions due to Covid-19.
All applications will need to be made through UCAS using the following codes:
Our Provider Code is: 21J
University of Exeter Code:
General Primary 2J9V
Primary 3-7 years AK76
University of St Mark and St John:
General Primary 365X
Would you like to find out more?
If you would like to find out more about the similarities and differences in the programmes that we offer, then please contact one of the team who will be happy to give you a call.
Contact Tracey Payne:
Tel: 01637 800294
What our students say ...