ITT Programme for 2020-2021
If you are a graduate who would like to live and train in the beautiful county of Cornwall then we would like to hear from you!
The Kernow Teaching School Alliance (KTSA) is a dynamic partnership of 34 schools who, along with our partners the University of Exeter and the University of St Mark and St John (Plymouth), are offering graduates a one year Initial Teacher Training (ITT) School Direct PGCE programme (non-salaried) in the Primary phases.
We are looking for Primary (3 -7 years) and General Primary trainees. we can also offer a programme for Foundation & KS1.
So why pick us?
- From application, through to graduation, we ensure that we fully support our trainees every step of the way, both on a professional and pastoral level;
- We recognise that every trainee is unique;
- All training is provided by current, outstanding practitioners;
- We offer a range of placements, in a variety of schools, which aim to give trainees a range of experiences;
- All trainees are placed with outstanding practitioners who are committed to supporting and developing individuals
- All trainees are allocated a school based mentor, all of which are trained to a high standard;
- All trainees will be visited by KTSA based staff to provide professional and pastoral support;
- Trainees are well prepared when applying for jobs and attending interviews;
- When organising placements we try our to take into consideration family commitments and other circumstances.
We are proud to announce that over the past three years all trainees who have wanted a job at the end of their training have been successful!
All our programmes are eligible for student loans and some trainees may also be eligible for a bursary or scholarship.
During the final term of your training, there is an opportunity for trainees to gain some additional school experience in a special school or alternative provision.
If you are interested, but not sure if teaching is for you, then get in touch as we can arrange for you to spend some time in one of our partnership schools. You will have the opportunity to experience the day-to-day life of a school and find out first hand what it is like to be a teacher. During this time we can spend time with you and explain how the training programme works.
Would you like to find out more?
If you would like to find out more, then please contact one of the team who will be happy to meet with you or invite you along to one of our information sessions?
Our next round of information sessions will be held at the Atlantic Centre, Newquay on:
Dates for the Autumn term will appear here soon - register your interest and we will be in touch
Further details can be found below:
What do our students say - see our videos