NQT Induction Programme 2018-2019
Calling all Newly Qualified Teachers!
The Kernow Teaching School Alliance recognises the need to ensure that the NQT induction period can be exciting, but also challenging. We recognise the need to ensure that all NQTs and schools are effectively supported during this period and this is why we chose to design our own induction package for primary NQTs who work within KTSA and beyond.
Our primary offer:
The KTSA acts as the registered Appropriate Body. Having an Appropriate Body is a statutory requirement and an NQT cannot start their induction period until an Appropriate Body has been agreed. The Appropriate Body are required to register NQTs and for reporting the NQTs progress against the Teachers' Standards to NCTL, finally confirming whether the NQT has been successful.
Our programme offers NQTs:
• training and support from experienced school leaders and classroom practitioners (Full day induction and 6 afternoon CPD sessions - one per half term)
• opportunity to attend PREVENT and Tier 2 safeguarding training at no additional cost
• professional discussion, reflection and personalised action plan
• three paired observations with school based mentor, with individual feedback
• access to wider KTSA training, which includes Teach Meets
• access to email and telephone advice during term time
• opportunity to meet other NQTs
• additional pastoral and professional support beyond the school
Our programme offers School Leads:
• induction and on-going support for school based mentors
• 3 x paired observations to quality assure assessments
• access to email and telephone advice for School Leaders and NQT tutors
• support with the completion of assessments
• additional support e.g. coaching can be provided at an extra cost
How much will this package cost?
£500 per NQT (non-KTSA partner school)
£450 per NQT (for KTSA partner school NQTs)
Would you like to know more?
Contact: Sonya Herbert – Programme Lead
How do I register my NQT?
Please note that all NQTs should be registered within their first two weeks of starting.
To register your NQT with our programme click here to download the registration form.
If you don't yet have the details for your NQT you can register your interest here
We welcome NQTs from across Cornwall to join our reflective sessions.
If you would like to find out more, go to the NQT Reflective session tab.