Do you have an NQT that needs to undertake or complete their NQT induction?
If so, then why not register your NQT on KTSA’s bespoke induction programme?
At KTSA we recognise that the transition from being a trainee to an NQT can be challenging and therefore we would like to offer all NQTs across Cornwall the
opportunity to be part of our successful NQT Induction Programme.
All NQTs should be registered with an Appropriate Body within the first two weeks of them starting in school. We have designed a programme that helps to ensure that all NQTs are provided with high quality support and CPD at the start of their career.
The programme includes the following:
- Registration with NCTL
- Quality assuring and processing assessments
- Induction day: including a half day of behaviour management training
- Induction for school based mentors
- Six CPD sessions (1.30pm - 4.00pm on a half termly basis), led by expert practitioners e.g. assessment for learning, enquiry based learning
- As part of our QA procedures, three school visits (one per assessment period), which includes a meeting with the mentor to review progress, paired observation and a review of the NQT file, including progress against action points
- Opportunity to network with other NQTs
- Access to KTSA Teach Meets
- Online and telephone support for schools and the NQT
- Additional support can be provided for individuals if needed e.g. coaching, but this may incur an additional cost
*Each half term our NQTs are invited to a reflective session which is led by experts in their area:
All sessions run from 1.30pm-4.00pm at the Atlantic Centre, Newquay, apart from the Outdoor Classroom Session.
13.09.19 Induction session (am) and Behaviour Management (pm): Led by Sonya Herbert (Kernow Learning)
01.11.19 Raising the Achievement of Disadvantaged Pupils: Led by Andy Brumby (Kernow Learning)
13.12.19 Assessment for Learning: Led by Andy Brumby (Kernow Learning)
24.01.20 Mentally Healthy Schools: Led by Trenance Learning Academy (Tutor TBC)
20.03.20 Developing Thinking and Enquiry Skills through History: Led by Andy Brumby (Kernow Learning)
15.05.20 Outdoor Classrooms: Led by Karl Fice-Thomson (Trenance Learning Academy)
*We would also like to offer the above sessions to those in their second year of teaching at a cost of £40 per person. N.B. These sessions are only suitable to those who did not undertake our programme last year.
Would you like to know more?
Contact: Sonya Herbert – Programme Lead
How much will the programme cost?
The cost of the programme is £650 per NQT. A discounted rate is available for those who have completed 1 or 2 terms with another Appropriate Body.
How do I register my NQT?
To register your NQT on our programme, click here to download the registration form.
If you don't yet have the full details for your NQT you can register your interest here.