NPQSL - Cornwall Teaching Schools
Cornwall Teaching Schools are collaborating with the Devon Teaching School Partnership to offer NPQSL training in Cornwall from September 2019
A successful course for aspiring senior leaders with cross-school responsibilities, This could include experienced middle leaders, deputy heads, SENDCOs, subject leads working across MATs.
“Excellent programme: inspirational, very personal, giving me the space to develop my leadership and challenge my thinking” Participant 2019
“DTSP holds a very strong quality rating (94% compared to 78% nationally).
100% of participants would recommend this programme” Tribal QA report
The NPQSL programme is designed to develop the leadership potential of Senior Leaders leading a team across their school. They will be supported to develop key leadership behaviours: Vision, Collaboration, Personal Drive, Resilience, Interpersonal and Intra-personal Awareness, Integrity and Respect.
They will achieve this through an improvement project, leading a team across their school to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching. The programme includes a targeted coaching session in the participants home school.
The programme will last 4 terms by which time they will have submitted for assessment a 5,000 word assignment which covers the initiation, implementation and evaluation of the project.
● Led by an experienced practitioners who understand whole school improvement processes and the key part distributed leadership plays within its success
● Inspirational trainers who have developed the key skills of Senior Leaders within their own schools and beyond
● Excellent face to face leadership training days aligned to a core theme of transformational change
● School visits: Membership of an Action Learning Set to compare and analyse change in different schools.
● Two coaching sessions provided within the SL’s school to explore their personal leadership development
● Four, two-week online courses, with self supported study by joining a professional online learning community
● A personalised programme that supports Senior Leaders in developing their own leadership style and apply their learning within their own context
● What personal and professional leadership skills do I want to develop?
● How can I analyse my team and plan for its needs?
● How do I inspire others?
● How do I enable ownership of a shared, transformational vision?
● How can I plan for sustainable, embedded change? 1 F2F and 1 online course during the Autumn term 2019 in Cornwall
Personal Coaching 1 ● 1:1 coaching provided within SL’s school by one of the course facilitators to develop personal leadership skills and explore challenges of whole school team leadership December 2019 SL’s School
Module 2: The Process of Change
●How do I implement an improvement project?
● What are the key dynamics and levers of effective change?
● Anticipating and planning for the challenges of change using Team, Communication, Business Case and Risk Management Planners
1 F2F and 2 online courses during the Spring term 2020 in Cornwall
Module 3: The Challenge of Change
● How do I transform the capability and quality of my team to impact on children?
● What are the most effective monitoring and intervention processes?
● Challenging conversations – how do I secure accountability and improve the performance of my teams?
1 F2F and 1 online course during the Summer term 2020 in Cornwall
Action Learning Set School Visits
● How can I analyse and compare school improvement projects in other settings?
● What impact does this have on the leadership of my own improvement project? April / May/June 2020
2 x (½ day) school visits
Personal Coaching 2 ● 1:1 coaching in SL’s school to help prepare for final assessment and reflect on leadership transformation June/July 2020
Pre-Assessment Twilight ● Support for Final Assessment Submission
Andy Ogden has wide experience of school leadership. He is the Director of Devon Teaching School Partnership and Deputy CEO of the Tarka Learning Partnership. These roles combined with previously working as a Headteacher, Local Authority School Improvement Advisor and National Strategy Consultant bring an understanding of the complexities of school improvement processes and the leadership of teams across schools. He has been a facilitator on NPQ programmes for 5 years and is described as having ‘inspirational leadership that models and secures outstanding personalised training, professional development and pastoral support’.
David Barnett has been involved in primary education for 30 years in different Local Authorities across the South West. He spent 2 years working for the DFE in a National Leadership role and has worked as a Primary National Strategies Consultant Leader. David has always enjoyed supporting the professional development of the next generation of school leaders and has mentored colleagues through the NQPML and NPQH. Recently he has been involved in facilitating training for the CofEPQH and Diocesan New Headteachers induction programmes.
To find out more please contact email@example.com or to book a place on the programme download the form here